Mr. Ben Anya
CEO, New Capital Cooperative Society
Ben has over with over 25 years’ experience in consulting, manufacturing and banking with core competencies in Technology Strategy and Management, Electronic banking and Channels Product Management and Sales, Retail banking, Accounting and Project management.
He is a Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified in Risk and Control of IT, Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Associate Chartered Certified Accountant of London, Lead Auditor certified in British Standard number 7799 on Information Security and Certified International Cards & Payments Professional.
His core area of professional specialization in the last 3 years includes;
- Banking – ebanking, digital banking, future banking
- Technology – Risk Management, IT Advisory, IT Strategy
- Cyber Security – All aspects of cyber security
- International Data protection Services
He began his career in Banking as an Operations Staff before moving into IT Audit Consulting in 1994 with EDP Audit & Security Associates where he consulted for regulators, multi-national companies and banks.
From consulting, he moved into the Manufacturing Industry as Head IT, of Honeywell Flour Mills, where he implemented full automation of the manufacturing plant.
He then moved back into the Banking Industry as Head Software/Strategy of Continental Trust Bank (now UBA) in 2001.
Thereafter, he joined Sterling Bank as Head, Technical Services, a position he held before moving to FCMB PLC in 2006.
At FCMB, Ben was involved in the Implementation of various card products (like Verve, VISA, and MasterCard), ATMs, POS, Mobile Banking, Agency Banking, Internet Banking and Transaction Banking.
After 8 years at FCMB he joined Unity bank as the Group Head of electronic Business where he built electronic channels leading to exceptional growth on all indices in two years.
He joined Accion Microfinance bank in 2017 as the Chief Information Officer, where he built 7 Technology products in 12 months, developed the Digital Banking Strategy for the bank and set the bank on the path for Full Digital banking. He also helped the bank win the EFINA innovation grant of $1Million in 2018.
Ben left Accion to pursue self actualization objective. Some of his achievements after leaving Accion MFB to date includes the following
- Setting up New Capital Multipurpose Cooperative Society, which broke even in 5 months
- Helping build agricgate.com, a Technology intermediation company in the agric space
- Helping build com, a Technology intermediation company in the Real Estate Space
Ben is an Accounting graduate from Yaba College of Technology. In his academic and professional pursuit, he won the following prizes;
- ICAN National Prize Winner 1998
- ACCA highest scorer in Information Analysis in 1999
- CISA highest scorer in Nigeria in 2000
Other ad-hoc assignments he has been opportune to be involved in, in various capacities include:
– ICAN Faculty of Consulting and Information Technology
– CBN’s Vision 2020 FSS Implementation Board
– EXCO of the Committee of e-banking Industry Heads
– Member of the Board of ISACA (Information Systems Audit & Control Association)
– Board Chairman, Agricgate Nigeria
– Board Chairman, House9ja.com
Ben has also been involved in IT Audit, IT Security, Data Privacy and Protection and Digital Banking. His current area of research interest is core Data Privacy & Protection services and Psychometric testing for credit Management.
He is happily married with children.